Sunday, March 9, 2008

I ran (RAN!!!) for 1/2 mile.. LOL!

Crazy, huh? Two years ago, I couldn't walk 1/2 mile without sucking wind! Now, I am so much healthier and I owe it all to the Atlanta 2 Day Walk for Breast Cancer!

I have to tell you, it was pretty amazing... yesterday, I was walking on the treadmill. Getting ready for the big walk in September. I had already completed over 2 miles, when I decided I wanted to make it 3 miles. So I challenged myself to run the last mile, something I've never done before. So off I went... bumping up the treadmill to 5.0. Running, running.. feeling good. I was thinking to myself, just make four times around the track. Well after two times, I decided to stop for a second and get a drink of water. Well that was my bad, cause I didn't get back to it. I thought, well today isn't the day, I run my first mile. But it will be one day soon.

So stay posted and you will be the first to know...

In the mean time, go my secure donation page, and help me participate in the 2008 walk. I need to raise $1000 and it won't happen without your help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that the Atlanta 2-Day Walk for Breast Cancer is having a 2008 Kickoff Week March 25-29

March 27 6 p.m.-10 p.m. The "Breast" Event Ever! @ Park Tavern: Hosted by Jenn Hobby of All The Hits Q100's The Bert Show!
*Fashion show
*Food by Doc Greens & The Flying Biscuit Cafe
*Open bar
*Live entertainment: DJ Elliott Garstin & all-girl brand, The Bridges.
*Silent auction: featuring pink guitars autographed by breast cancer survivor Melissa Etheridge and an autographed Miley Cyrus guitar!

Tickets are $25 if purchased in advance and $35 at the door. Advance tickets can be purchased at www.thebreasteventever.com. All net proceeds will benefit the Atlanta 2-Day Walk for Breast Cancer.

March 29 7 a.m. Orientation and Training Walk @ Maggiano's Little Italy in Buckhead, 3368 Peachtree Rd., Atlanta: Registration will be held at 7:00 a.m., followed by orientation at 8 a.m. and a 3-mile training walk from 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. It's great practice!

Sign up as a Walker at any Kickoff event and receive a $25 discount off your registration. Please RVSP by calling the 2-Day Office Karen Ortega at (404). 531.-4111, or info@2daywalk.org. or visiting www.2daywalk.org.

Also, check out our new Myspace!
www.myspace.com/atlanta2daywalk
Friend Request Us!